Thursday, August 27, 2009

I thought....

I thought I was doing so well...
Going about each day, honouring you as best as I could...

I thought I was about to start a new chapter...
Meeting new friends and focusing on fresh interests....
That is until reality struck me right in the face...
And I found myself unable to face it...

I tought I could take it...
But instead I took the back door and left like a thief....
Ashamed of my feelings of even caring for what was once...
And the fact that it was all a scam...

I thought someone had my back...
And realized that no one but me can actually look out for me...

I thought I was wiser...
But now I know that a lesson in friendship.....
A lesson in love....
A lesson in life...
Can show itself at any time of day...
Whether you are ready for it or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment